We require our users to change their password periodically like most organizations. I’m also sure like other organizations, our users typically ignore the warnings when logging in until they are no longer able to login. As an added awareness, we have scripts that run daily and send emails to users who’s passwords are getting ready to expire. That email contains the steps to use OWA to reset their passwords in the event someone is out of the office when this process begins. However, we still had staff that waited until their passwords expired and then they had to call in to get it reset.
Our SQL DBA was in the process of setting up a new SQL server and was having problem authenticating using his domain account. He was able to login using the SA account though. Everything he saw was pointing towards it being a problem with the SPNs for the new server. We looked at the other 3 servers we had and noticed that there were two extra SPN entries for the new server. We used the following commands to remove the SPN entries and then AD authentication worked.
It is rare that I install Windows 7 any more, but I had to do that today. I started with a clean install of Windows 7 SP1. When I got to the point I wanted to install Windows updates I started it and let it run. It hung at the “Checking for Updates” screen. Apparently, there are two updates you can install to help speed up the process.
We had an instance where a user changed positions and because of that change his group membership changed. When his group membership changed he started getting messages about his account being locked out when trying to logon to the system. We would unlock his account, but within a few minutes it would lock again. We searched the Event Logs on our Domain Controllers and were able to identify the computer that was causing problems. If the computer was turned off he didn’t have this problem, but as soon as the computer was turned on the account would start locking.
So I did some updates on our Exchange 2013 servers last week, and then started getting some complaints that people couldn’t see there calendar when the logged into OWA. Once you logged into OWA and clicked the Calendar, it would load a blank calendar and not have any appointments showing (you also couldn’t see the calendar list on the left side). If you tried to create a new appointment you ended up with just a grey box.
We have an Exchange admin that when he attempted to login to ECP he would get a 500 error. The simple solution was to add a mailbox to his domain admin account. Once that was done he was able to login to ECP just fine.
From reading the article belew, this might be an indication of a problem with the SystemMailbox as well.
Source: TechNet Blog
1. Go to: https://library.nagios.com/library/products/nagiosxi/documentation/268-installing-the-xi-linux-agent
2. Download the latest linux nrpe agent.
3. Extract the agent using: tar xzvf linux-nrpe-agent.tar.gz
4. CD to linux-nrpe-agent
5. Type: ./fullinstall
6. Provide the IP address of your Nagios server.
7. Add the server to Nagios.
I have an older IO Gear USB-to-Serial adapter that I have used for a long time. When I purchased it I was only using Windows laptops and never had a problem getting drivers and getting it to work. When I switched to a MacBook Pro a couple of years ago, I was able to get it working by downloading the Mac drivers. However, after upgrading to El Capitan I wasn’t able to get the adapter to work. I did some searching and came across the site listed below. The command that is described in the post didn’t work, but the comment by James Morris did get the adapter working.
- Insert or mount your Windows 10 disc.
- Open a Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Enter the following: dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:D:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
NOTE: Change “D:” after the /Source switch to the drive that contains the disc.
This should work with Windows 7, 8, and 8.1.